Keep Your Cool While On The Road
(NAPS)—With so many people on the road during peak vacation months, it may be a good time to brush up on what you should do in the event you’re involved in a crash.
Here are some tips from The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies.
Preparedness starts before you leave the driveway:
- Put a disposable camera and pen and paper in your glove box. Car insurance claims can be set-tled faster if there’s a good record of what happened. If you can take photographs or collect license plate numbers, or even names and phone numbers of witnesses, these can all help your insurance company establish facts faster.
If you’re involved in a crash:
- Move your vehicle out of the roadway, if you can. If your car is able to be driven, move it off of the road a safe distance. By getting off the road, you can help to avoid a second collision.
- Turn on your flashers or your lights. You want to be certain your vehicle is visible to other drivers.
- Check yourself and your passengers for injuries. If someone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Call local police to report the crash.
- Call your insurance company to report the crash. The earlier your insurance company knows about the crash, the faster it can get to work to resolve your claim.
by in Safety